They’ll never admit it but men are always trying to outdo us ladies on every level. Whether it’s employment, entertaining or even grooming (and that’s high up there on the list) they think they’re the “dog’s bollocks!”.
But I’m not sure if men truly understand the strength and capabilities of a female, Yes, we wash, cook, clean, do the shopping, take care of the children, go to work…blah, blah, blah but do they really acknowledge and appreciate the dramas that a woman goes through?
The next time a man asks a woman who is the stronger sex, the following questions may need to be asked:
1) Can he bleed for a week whilst his stomach feels like it’s being stabbed with a red hot poker and survive?
2) Can he carry an 8lb baby in his stomach for 9 months whilst his breasts swell to the size of watermelons, his legs fill up with enough water to fill a small paddling pool and he’s so sick he just wants to go to sleep and not wake up until his due date?
3) Can he squeeze a 14cm baby through a 10cm hole and deal with x amount of stitches because the law of physics confirms this is not a possible task without some sort of consequence?
4) Can he take care of a child, cook, clean and talk on the phone at the same time?
5) Can he go 4 weeks eating only salad and drinking water only to realise he still can’t fit into his size 12 jeans?
6) Can he face heartbreak & betrayal and still carry on with life as if nothing has happened?
7) Can he watch the love of his life (and maybe even the mother of his child/ren) with someone else who is most likely half his age, weight and size live happily ever after?
8) Can he burn his forehead with a curling tong or straightners and not complain?
9) Can he walk all day in 5in heels and still go home to the chores?
10) Can he cry all night resulting in eyes so puffy, he looks like he’s been 5 rounds with Mike Tyson, and still wake up the next morning as if nothing has happened?
Depending on how he answers (and I’m sure he’ll be stuck on a few) this will confirm what we’ve always known. It doesn’t matter what life throws at us, how much heartache we face and what the future holds, we, as women, will always manage to hold our own with the utmost respect, honesty and decency, not only towards ourselves but to those around us.
Based on all of the above, I think it’s fair to say, women are the strongest sex without a shadow of doubt, however, I’m sure he’ll have something to say as he just can’t let it go!