We all try our best to be healthy and beauty conscious. But how much do we know about the ingredients that lurk in our daily moisturiser, facial wash or even first aid products that we use?
After witnessing fantastic results when a friend used a Forever Living product, Katie Newton wanted a slice of the Forever Living pie, and started to work alongside the company as a product distributor, as well as being a primary school teacher.
This weeks She Means Business tells us about the benefits of using Forever Living’s products and how using all natural can make you feel amazing!
What kind of products does Forever Living offer and why are they so great?
The outstanding product range Forever Living offers include:
Nutritional Health Drinks
Skincare – Beauty & Skin Defence
Sports Performance & Mobility
Animal & Home
Cosmetic & Beauty Products
The products are so great because they are based around the goodness of Aloe Vera. Forever only use the gel from within the leaf because that is the bit that contains all the goodness. The products contain no artificial flavourings, colourings herbicides or pesticides & GM Free. The company carry out rigorous independent tests which prove that the Aloe in our bottles & tubes is essentially active as it is in the plant due to our patented stabilisation process.
Aloe is the first ingredient, ‘aloe-with’ not ‘with-aloe’ and that, combined with the patented stabilisation process, is why our products are more effective than other Aloe based products.
Forever products are endorsed and recommended by an eminent advisory board of doctors, vets and nutritionists. They also come with a 60-day money back guarantee. As a company that has had soaring growth for over 36 years, a 60-day money back guarantee (you just need to keep your packaging) is testament to the quality of the products we offer. You don’t get that kind of quality assurance with high street stores!
What is your favourite product and why?
I have so many favourites! I love them all. I was a dedicated customer before I joined the company. The wide product range is so vast that there really is something for everybody; babies, adults even animals!
My top 5 Forever products that I couldn’t live without are:
- Aloe Drinking Gel: I couldn’t imagine a day without my Aloe shot! Forever’s Aloe Vera Drinking Gel is as close to the real thing (breaking open a leaf and consuming the gel directly from the plant) as you can get! It’s a rich blend of pulp and liquid which is packed full of nutrients. It has boosted my immune system and has balanced my digestive system. Since I started drinking a daily Aloe shot my skin is glowing! I feel like I am feeding it from the inside out. I refuse to be ill and see this as my ongoing ‘health insurance’.
- Aloe Gelly: I think of this as first-aid in a tube. It is as close as you taking a fresh Aloe leaf, breaking it open and putting it on your skin. It has fantastic healing properties and is so versatile. I use it for helping my skin cope with minor traumas, if it is red/sore/itchy as it is so soothing as the Gelly penetrates deep down to the dermis layer of the skin and works from inside out helping to replenish the body. It is safe to swallow and can be 1used anywhere you can reach!
- Argi+: Alongside my Aloe shot, I also have a daily dose of Argi+. It contains L-Arginine, which is an amino acid which is beneficial to overall health as when the body converts it into nitric acid, it allows the greater blood flow around the body. We all know the importance of healthy blood pressure and cardiovascular health and as I have a family history of high blood pressure and poor cardiovascular health I decided that this product was an essential for me. The pomegranate and fruit components in this are also a rich source of antioxidants.
- Bee Pollen: I am a full time Primary School Teacher so I need to make sure my energy levels are always at a high to cope with the demanding job. I was developing a serious coffee addiction and knew that it wasn’t healthy for me so I wanted to find something that was all natural, had no artificial flavourings or colourings but would still give me a fast release of energy. The Bee Pollen has it all because it includes all B complex vitamins and vitamin C. Also vitamins D, E, K and Beta Carotene (Vitamin A) & numerous minerals. It gives me that energy boost when I need it and also helps to keep my stamina up in the gym! The bonus of the Bee Pollen is that I found it also controlled my hay fever! I said goodbye to my runny nose and constant sneezing during the summer months – that just wasn’t attractive!
- Forever Bright Tooth Gel: I have a fear of the dentist so I am meticulous with teeth cleaning. I love this product because it is natural, non-abrasive and fluoride free. It combines Aloe Vera and Bee Propolis to help fight plaque, keep the breath fresh and help to keep gums in optimum condition. It’s a gel and not a paste so I find that it doesn’t feel like it is scratching the enamel of my teeth. Best of all it’s a natural whitener!
Why do you feel it is important to use products that have natural ingredients?
The health and nutrition industry is booming and it is very easy to be lead into buying ‘diet’, ‘low fat/sugar’, ‘anti-ageing’ type products that claim to work wonders when really they are full of chemicals and artificial rubbish that are actually probably doing more harm than good. Customers are becoming more aware of this and are looking for products that don’t make falsified claims but instead allow the wonders of the natural ingredients, which are contained in the products, to do all of the talking. For too long I was tricked into thinking that these lotions and potions were beneficial and it wasn’t until I began using the Forever products myself that I realised the importance of reading about what goes into the products I use. I love how Forever products start with 100% inner leaf gel and only add a fine balance of high quality ingredients to produce outstanding, and most importantly, effective products. The Forever product range is a testament to nature’s capacity to help us look and feel our best.
Your products promote health and wellbeing. What do you do to stay happy and healthy?
I make sure I have a balanced lifestyle. Over the past couple of years I have become increasingly conscious about the importance of healthy living and make sure that exercise is incorporated into my lifestyle. I love to be active and to try new things. I recently began attending a hula hooping class and I’m amazed at how many tricks I can do now. Once I put my mind to something I always make sure I achieve. Spending time with my family and friends is, of course, important. I’m a very positive person and believe in the ‘law of attraction’. You reap what you sow.
How did you get involved with working for this established company?
It began with the ‘Clean 9’ nutritional cleanse. I had a friend at work and she had gone from being tired and sluggish to skipping into work with the most amazing glowing skin within two weeks! I had to know what she had been doing and she explained how the ‘Clean 9’ worked. I had to try it myself and from that very first ‘Clean 9’ I was hooked on the amazing products which became staples in my household. After about 6 months she told me about the business opportunity Forever had to offer and I have to admit, I was sceptical. She gave me some information to read and I did some research on the company and my scepticism rapidly vanished. This was the opportunity I had been dreaming about! I had the chance to build my own business, create a team of amazing people to work with and share outstanding products which could benefit a range of people. I attended a business presentation and heard more about the unbelievable incentives this company offered their Independent Distributors, everyday people like you and I , and decided there and then that I wanted a piece of the action.
Working from home, is it hard to find customers who are interested in Forever Living’s products?
Everyone is a potential customer! I have had sales from all over from work colleagues, people at the gym, friends and even the guy who helped me with my windscreen wipers in Halfords! As he was fitting them for me we were chatting and he mentioned his knee was playing up and was really aching. I told him about the Forever Freedom Gel which contains glucosamine, chondroitin and MSM so it may help to ease the discomfort. I passed him my business card with my website details on and the next day he had ordered a bottle. If you open your ears and actually listen you will hear so much more and pass recommendations to people from all walks of life. The product range is so vast that there really is something for everybody. I find that word of mouth has really supported my sales. How many times have you recommended a restaurant to a friend? The same rule applies to the Forever products. I completed the Forever ‘Clean 9’ cleanse and had great results (energy boost, glowing skin and dropped 10lbs) in the 9 days. That caused quite a stir with my family and friends and from the back of that I have had a lot of interest in the very successful weight management products we produce.
As well as being a Forever Living representative, you also work as a primary school teacher. How do you time manage two jobs?
Energy, stamina and endurance are key traits for me as I am always on the go. The Forever products complement my lifestyle when I need it most. I love my job as a primary school teacher but the opportunity to build my own successful business was something that I wasn’t going to let pass me by. In order to time manage two jobs I have transferred skills I have acquired as an outstanding primary school practitioner to my new business: action planning, prioritising, communicating and ensuring that everything I do has a positive impact on my goals. I hate wasting time so I make sure that I don’t waste hours on non-income producing activity. I realised that it was the little things such as switching off the TV and spending time on building my empire which would make this work. I used to love watching EastEnders and Coronation Street but I worked out that if I decided to give them up I would create 234 hours a year! That works out as, believe it or not, 6 weeks, working Monday to Friday for 8 hours a day!
What’s the best thing about being your own boss?
I choose when, and how often, I work. Obviously the more time and effort I put in gives me the greatest rewards but at the same time I’m not tied to fixed hours which can interfere with everyday life.
If another woman was thinking of making extra income with a company like Forever Living, what advice would you give them to get started?
Grab it by the balls! I wasted months debating if I should take the plunge and commit to this, thinking that the opportunity was ‘too good to be true’ and now I wish I had started straight away! If you are committed to working hard and stepping out of your comfort zone you will reap all of the rewards this company has to offer. It is in no way a ‘get rich quick’ scheme but planting the seeds early on will pay dividends in the long run. From a tiny acorn grows a mighty oak. Join my team and I will support and mentor you to your own successful business.
For more information about any Forever Living products, check out their website at: www.foreverkatienewton.flp.com
Katie is looking for hard working and committed people to join the Forever Living Team in the UK and Worldwide. To find out more or to apply email her at firstname.lastname@example.org