How To Submit An Article…
As a team, we are now hundreds-strong, with writers and bloggers from all over the world using Women Make Waves to get their voices and thoughts heard. We want to know what is on your mind, what makes you laugh and what is important to you, so don’t be shy about getting it down in a word document and submitted!
One of our main concerns is that your work is not altered to fit with a ‘tone’ or a ‘brand’, that’s not what we are about. We celebrate individuality, not uniformity, so your articles will never be re-written. We will, however, proofread them prior to going live on the site; just to be sure that they make sense and that your point is being made. Typos and grammar may be corrected, but nothing else. Should you submit a piece that does not appear on the site, it may have been in need of a little more work. For any feedback, you are more than welcome to email us and we will work with you to get your writing on the site.
1. Sign into your Women Make Waves account and click on your picture (if you have not yet added one, you will see a purple diamond next to the message icon).
2. Click ‘dashboard’ and then ‘add new article’.
3. Copy and paste your article into the ‘post content’ box and don’t forget to pop in a catchy title!
4. If you have found a great picture that you want to add to your piece, that’s great, just be sure to include a source credit! To insert a picture, click the ‘add media’ button, select the ‘upload files’ tab and away you go.
5. Click ‘submit’ and it will be sent to us for approval. You can check the progress of your article by returning to your dashboard, which will clarify if it is still waiting to be approved, or live.
Once your article is live, it’s time to start shouting about it, so get on your social media accounts and start telling everyone where they can see your latest writing! We are really hot on the social media front too and update/tweet about our new pieces so be sure to like us on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/womenmakewaves) and follow us on Twitter (https://twitter.com/WomenMakeWaves).
The most important thing to remember is that this is a valuable resource for all of us and should be fun, so start writing and sharing!
Women Make Waves xx